Employee number 008, Jason Smith is a steady, respected and solid practitioner for the KNA Structural Engineers team. Since 1997, Jason has been known for his outstanding communication and forward-thinking practice, and has worked on dozens of KNA’s largest and award-winning projects including the Del Norte High School.
Solid Project Leadership Strengthens KNA’s Services
We are proud of his accomplishments, and all of KNA congratulates him for the contributions and dedication he demonstrates every day. We spoke with Jason last week about his career.
Where did you attend college?
I went to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and graduated in 1997 with a degree in architectural engineering.
Why did you decide to work at KNA?
When I graduated from school, I knew I wanted to settle down in Orange County. KNA was a new company and I took a leap. They already had a large client and I could see the opportunities and the challenging projects for me to do my best work.
What do you like most about the work you do?
It important for me to provide a school that is safe for the kids and that the design work we do is at its best.
What value do you bring to KNA, its clients and your team?
Probably my easy-going nature. I’m told that my communications with staff and clients are really good. It’s critical to set expectations for our clients and to always follow through. There are so many moving parts to a large project…I like that kind of challenge.
What do you do in your time off?
I think about work a lot and what lies ahead for my projects. I do go to family gatherings with my two kids and I also like to play golf.
“Jason demonstrates an exceptional ability to multi-task and work under pressure when necessary. He interacts very well with clients, design teams, the Division of the State Architect plan checkers and construction personnel,”
commented Larry Kaprielian, Principal KNA Structural Engineers.
Jason is a key member of the KNA team and has been responsible for many large, complicated projects, including the following new campuses:
- Castaic High School (William S. Hart Union HS District)
- Indio High School Replacement Campus (Desert Sands USD)
- Del Norte High School (Poway USD)
- Orange Vista High School (Val Verde USD)
- Bear River Middle School (Wheatland USD)
- Woodcrest Junior High School (Chino Valley USD)
- Col. Mitchell Page Middle School (Desert Sands USD)
- Desert Ridge Academy (Desert Sands USD)
- Cesar Chavez Middle School (Lynwood USD)
- Mesa View Middle School (Yucaipa-Calimesa Joint USD)
- Saburo Muraoka Elementary School (Chula Vista Elementary SD)
- Washington Charter Elementary School (Desert Sands USD)
- Dr. Carreon Elementary School (Desert Sands USD)
- Benjamin Franklin Elementary School (Desert Sands USD)
- Ronald Regan Elementary School (Desert Sands USD)
- Woodbury Elementary School (Irvine USD)
- Cypress Village Elementary (Irvine USD)
- Portola Springs Elementary (Irvine USD)
- Lake Hills Elementary School (Alvord USD)
- Midland Elementary School (Poway USD)